The Pearl laser is a device mainly used as an upkeep treatment, to address problems of ageing skin and skin pigmentation issues caused by the sun. This is a fractional laser, meaning that it treats both the dermis and the epidermis, but affects only a fraction of the skin.
The treatment shortens healing time and stimulates the body’s own natural process for creating new collagen, plumping the skin from below and reversing photoaging and other imperfections.
- Tiny holes enable safe treatment and a rapid recovery
- Deep treatment provides results in a single session
- Controlled energy means maximum results with a more comfortable patient experience.
When a physician uses the Pearl laser, the device will take the laser beam and split it into smaller individual bursts that hit the skin in only a fraction of the treatment area. As these energy beams enter the skin, they can destroy hyperpigmentation clusters, and at the same time make it to the dermis to speed up collagen formation to get rid of wrinkles.
Few people realise the importance that collagen plays in keeping skin elastic, but the loss and damage of this protein in the skin is a significant factor in the development of wrinkles.
By creating micro damage within this collagen-rich skin layer, the Pearl fractional laser forces the body to react and it’s the body’s healing process that is responsible for the treatment’s beautifying effects.
The laser used in this type of skin enhancement is called the Pearl fractional laser. This laser can reach particular facial areas and penetrate to specific depths. There are two levels of treatment that occur during the procedure.
- The laser peeling of the damaged skin is the first level of treatment. In order to shield the treated area, a natural dressing forms on the skin during the laser exposure.
- Next, collagen production is also increased as the laser permeates the skin and heats the underlying tissue. This will guarantee that the results of the procedure will last a long period of time.