Our thighs are one of our most problematic areas. Over time, the combined effects of aging, gravity, weight fluctuations, and loss of skin elasticity all contribute to loss of tone in the thighs, and can result in loose, sagging skin, particularly for those who have experienced major weight loss (usually following bariatric surgery). Diet and exercise are certainly important in achieving and maintaining your physical fitness, but, unfortunately, will not address the problem of excess skin on your thighs. This can become frustrating, taking a toll on your sense of achievement and self-confidence. A thigh lift can reshape your thighs by reducing excess skin and stubborn fat, resulting in better-proportioned contours of your thighs and lower body and giving you the smoother, slimmer appearance you desire.
Is a thigh lift right for me?
You may be a good candidate for a thigh lift if:
- you have excess skin and fat on your inner and/or outer thighs that is loose and sagging
- major weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery) along with diet and exercise has helped reduce
- your overall size but has left you with excess fat and skin on your thighs
- you feel embarrassed or self-conscious as a result of the excess skin and fat on your thighs
Thigh Lift Options
We offer several different thigh lift options, including an inner thigh lift, inner thigh tuck (thighplasty), and outer thigh/buttock lift (posterior body lift).
Inner Thigh Lift:
An inner thigh lift (with a single incision hidden along the bikini/swim brief line) would be good for you if:
- you feel that your upper thighs are your “problem area” (excess skin and fat here only)
- your objective is to make your thighs appear a little tighter and smoother
Inner Thigh Tuck:
An inner thigh tuck (thighplasty) (two incisions, a shorter one along the bikini/swim brief line with the longer one down the inside of the thigh) may be better for you if you have had substantial weight loss (often following bariatric surgery) and/or your excess skin and fat:
- extends all the way down your thighs (and possibly even past your knees)
- continues to make you feel as if you even have to disguise your new body with clothing
- limits your ability to participate in physical activities (making it difficult to maintain your
weight loss results)
- causes hygiene issues and discomfort